Sunday, January 19, 2014

Review: The Evolution of Mara Dyer


5 Stars

Michelle Hodkin has done it again. She has reached in, grasped my heart, and stolen it. And Noah...oh Noah...

It took me longer than expected to finish this book. I'm not sure if it was just life getting in the way, or if it was me subconsciously dragging it out because I knew that the third book wasn't out yet. The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Goodreads link) isn't due out until June 10, 2014. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to wait that long. Seriously. I'm an impatient person by nature, so this has got me Kermit flailing all over the place! 

The Evolution of Mara Dyer picks right back up where The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer left off. It's jam-packed with little twists and turns, just like book 1, and every time Michelle Hodkin gives a glimpse at another piece of info, any assurance that you knew exactly what was happening vanishes. I could not figure out what was going on with Mara or how she and Noah were linked. There's a huge cliff hanger at the end, which leads the reader to believe how/why she and Noah were linked, but I'm not buying it. I believe it goes much deeper than that, but no one knows for sure until book 3 comes out. 

I'm still sort of reeling in everything that happened in the book, and I'm finding it hard to form coherent thoughts about it. Suffice to say, I highly recommend it. I just...wow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment