Friday, January 17, 2014

Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin



5 Stars
 
Oh my goodness! Where do I start? I'm not sure what took me so long to read this book. If truth be told, I bought it solely for the cover. I mean, look at that beauty! It sat on my bookshelf patiently waiting for me. I'm an odd duck and can't read a book unless I'm in the mood for it. The reading challenge on Goodreads is what lit a fire under my butt, and after breezing through the Hush, Hush series (stay tuned for those reviews) Mara was practically screaming at me to be read.
 
I didn't know what to expect with this book. The blurb on the back didn't give me a lot to go on. The flow of the writing was great. I never found myself having to push through boring sections or my eyes glazing over at any blah-blah-blah's. Don't let the size of the book scare you. It's 452 pages of twists and turns, snort worthy sarcastic wit, laugh out loud moments (seriously, one scene I read 4 times because it was freaking hilarious!!), and oh-so-swoony moments with a bad boy that will conquer your dreams.
 
I don't want to say too much for fear of posting spoilers. I will say that the storyline is unlike any I have read before and will definitely keep you guessing until the very end. Mara is a very likable character that is easy to relate to, and she can sling some creative insults! Noah, the swoon worthy bad boy with a questionable reputation will steal your heart before you realize it's happened. There are a couple of other supporting characters who will wiggle their way into your heart as well.
 
If you're looking for something different, a book unlike any other, then this is the one for you!
 
Goodreads
 
Amazon
 
 
Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment